Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Hello Japan! (Day 3)

Day 3






Still based in Kyoto. I woke up at 6am. Packed my stuff and it's time to move to Female Dorms. 4 bedded! It's good to say I like all my roomies!




First stop was the Nishi Honganji Temple since it was within walking distance. The temple is nothing fanciful, almost bordering plain. With only one particular small cherry blossom tree that caught my eyes. Photos above!














Itinerary of the day is based at Inari station. Just a few stops away from Kyoto Station (JR line) Good for people with the Rail Pass! Surrounding the station lies Fushimi-Inari shrine and Tofukuji Shrine. You might have seen all those red Tori Gates in photos. This place is a must-see too!!!


Pretty impressive with the stretch of endless tori gates. I went up to about 1/4 of the path? It's actually a hike if you want to go up all the way. Takes about over 2hrs according to my roomie who did it. I guess I'll do it next time!





Forever in awe by how creative Japanese culture/people can be. So cute!
And it was time to make my own wish too.





By the time I was there it was 10+am. A little too late, there are several tourist roaming around. It's so hard to capture a proper photo of the tori gates without anyone in it. But I manage to get some lucky shots! (As seen above) Left the place around 12-1pm.



Nearby was the Tofukuji Temple. Along the path towards it there is shops selling confectionery too. Not many though. Tofukuji was so-so in my opinion. Except for this yellow-white mixed sakura tree upon exiting the temple. Gorgeous isn't it!




After which, headed back to Kyoto and walked to Toji Temple. Oh yes, in Kyoto. There is ALOT of walking. It's crazy. I probably never walked this much on a holiday before.


Togi Temple is so gorgeous!!! I really liked it. There is this little pavilion shop at the entrance that sells ice-cream and red-bean desserts. I just sat there and stoned for about an hour. Hello, I'm SO TIRED okay. hahaha. Meanwhile I waited for the sun to be out because throughout the next few days it was a little gloomy because of the rain. Photos only look good with the sun! So yes, perfect excuse to rest my overloaded brain and body.

Here's the photos!


If you actually do see the pink spots in the photo, it's actually sakura petals falling!
It's such a pretty sight.

_

After which was dinner at my favourite ramen hut!
Located right at Kyoto Station Level 1; Along Asty Road






It is not the very best. But I'd say it's really really decent and yummy. Also, there's always quite a number of people whenever I'm there. As what people always say, look for a restuarant that has a lot of people/locals. You'll never go wrong. For the price of 700-800yen (less than 10sgd) It is my favourite no-brainer place to dine at.


_



Click the tag "Japan" below for previous posts on my trips!


No comments: