Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Taobao Haul: First Shopping Experience!




Y'all know that China is the so-called "Factory of the World". I've always wanted to buy stuff from Taobao because the things are so cheap! But unfortunately my Chinese language skills is just so bad. So anyway, I tried using Google Translate (page) and 65daigou to get my stuff. And what do you know, my stuff reached me last night!

Here are the relatively good quality stuff that I bought. Those horrible quality ones I shall not mention.






The kimono jacket (S$13) feels so smooth and comfy! Almost like pyjamas wear. As for the swimwear (S$12), thank god it fits. Material-wise, feels like what a swimwear should feel like.





My cases (Mickey S$2, Milky S$2) for iPhone5s. Super adorbs!





Blown away by how gorgeous these necklaces are. (S$6 and S$4 each) And they wrapped it so well-protected. Need to order more!





Acrylic panel slingbag (S$9) is not too shabby. Good for casual wears!



Thoughts
I think it's a gamble to buy clothes and shoes from Taobao. The quality is just so bad for most of them. Also, because shipping is by weight, those lousy shoes cost you the bulk of the money. It is rather safe to buy accessories, bikinis, phone covers based on reviews online and on-site.

For the many items (15 in total) I bought, I had to pay S$37.08 for 4kg worth of stuff. I bought the 15 items for S$133. All in all, I think it's okay. Not that it's very cheap because you never know what quality of product you are receiving. Hence, maybe only about half of your stuff you'll end up liking.


Ask me @ask.fm/nsofina




No comments: