Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Phuket Tales; Day 1





Thoughts

It's Day 3 in Phuket, Thailand.

I thought I should pen, in this case type, my thoughts down since most of the time I'll forget most that happened.

I had an amazing time at the Similan Islands yesterday! The ardurous journey there took us 2hrs by land and 1.5hrs by speedboat just for one way. A crazy journey but one which I do not mind. I think it's my best snorkeling experience yet. Swimming far out to chase after the sea turtle was mighty fun. Getting so close to it, I fear that it would bite me. Really irrational fear. But that's how close I was to it!

I enjoyed the gradient sea by the beach. Gorgeous and full of freedom. I climbed the nature track all the way up to the Similan Island too. It's something I would not usually do. Because I'm not the forest adventurer. But oh hell, I made it. And it is quite liberating climbing up tree roots, over rocks, between rocks and all. It's almost like a thrill ride. One slip and you can be tumbling down. But, I survived! Just like the others.

Similan Island No. 7 has the best views so far! It wins hands down. It's so called the sea turtle point, if I remember correctly it should be No. 7. I saw schools of fishes, nemo! (finally) and a lot of other marine fishes. I could just swim hours in there. It definitely makes me wanna take up my scuba diving license.

Gopro Hero3+ has served me well. Well worth the hundreds bucks. Yes it's tiring taking photos of everything, but at the end of the day, photos reminds you of what wonderful memories you had.


_







Day 1

Siblings trip!
Bought SIM card, 7 days unlimited data (250baht) from airport.
Opt for minibus transport to Junceylon, Patong (180baht) compared to the taxi ride that cost at least 800 baht. I think that's a rip off anyway.
Patong to Kata area (450baht)
Checked in to our hotel!
Damn surprised/shocked at the size of our sea-view suite.
1 kitchenette, 2 toilets, 1 shower, 1 jacuzzi tub, 2 sinks, 2 balconies conjoined, 1 queen bed, 1 singles bed, 1 living hall.
Tell me about THAT.
Random dinner. Food here is reasonably priced!
Food-wise, about 100baht-350baht for each dishes at thai restaurant and western restaurants. There isn't much price difference.

Any questions? you can head to my ask.fm/nsofina to ask  <<<


_

// I can't wait to share about Day 2! The highlight of my trip. X

_




No comments: