Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

The Similan Islands


DAY TWO

PHOTO DIARY






Booked Similan Islands Snorkeling from godivephuket.com for (2,800baht/S$112)
I've checked the cheapest tour is 2,200baht from Mr Mark Tours but I don't have much info about them hence I booked from GoDivePhuket. The price is less than the average price quotes!


The Similan Islands itinerary was eventually carry out by Ruk Talay Tours, not too shabby actually.
There's about 30 pax on-board.
6am-8.30pm, seriously no joke.
I'm exhausted by the end of the day.
Please remember to bring the following everytime you are out to the sea.
_

Waterproof mat - Trust me, you wouldn't want a towel mat that is soaked in salt water and sand. Been there done that, regretted the hell out of that.
Towel - To keep dry onboard.
Hat - It might get too sunny for your liking.
Shades - The wind hitting your face as the speedboat races to the islands is an issue.
Huge bottle of water - For washing up onboard and hydration.
Huge scarf - To wrap yourself if you're seated at the open area of the boat.
Waterproof bag -  No brainer why.
_

So we went to 2 beaches and 2 snorkelling spots. The best beach in my opinion is Honeymoon Bay at Island No. 4. At the end of the beach lies fine sands and out-of-this-world super clear waters. (photos as above)

The best snorkelling spot? Island No. 7/ Sea Turtle Spot (if I remember correctly). It's filled with many fishes and best part, you don't have to feed them to spot them. They are EVERYWHERE. And if you follow me on instagram you would have knew I saw a sea turtle! #mindblown I never thought I'll encounter one during snorkelling. Amazing, breath-taking experience.


_

Next up, final post and a vlog of my trip! X

*click for questions - ask.fm/nsofina



No comments: