Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Travelogue: Miyako Island, Okinawa, Japan - Day 4










Spot the Pokemon Plane.


Some really delicious bun! 4 cheese please, of course nice.


Okinawa speciality, Chinsukou. Like a shortbread cookie, I like!


This baby was my source of entertainment while waiting for flight.
SO CUTE.



Look at the reefs!




Japan really go all out. Even the luggage carrier also so kawaii.


Roamed and got lost in the middle of no where.
No humans, No bicycles, No internet, No nothing.


Sigh. Epic melting ice cream background story with this. 




Snorkelling in Maehama Beach.






Fried Squid snack. I couldn't find it anymore. It was the best version amongst the other brands.




New spanking gears. Whoop Whoop.






Cause the beach life chose me.






Lucky catch!


I miss this.




Day 04


To airport bound for Miyako! Just less than an hour flight. It sounds ludicrous to me hahaha. I bought this yummy 4 cheese man (man = bread) from Family Mart! Finally a pao (pao = bread) worthy to mention hehe. Also caught a toy with 300yen! Lucky or what, I can't believe also. But I better stop it otherwise bring back to Singapore I wouldn't know what to do with them.

The plane ride turned halfway round the island before landing and I'm gob-smacked by the landscape view! Amazing reefs surrounding the island. And oh my goodness, the colours!

Took a taxi for 1,450yen (10mins ride) to Marine Lodge Marea and so far the room is decent! Pretty big but there is no convenience store at all. However! The beach is right in front of the hotel. Yonaha Maehama beach is amazing! I was like "what the hell!?". Yes, literally exclaiming that to myself. I can't believe my eyes please. It stretches for so far! And so clear and blue or light emerald the water!

Rented a bike and attempted navigating towards airport but got lost lol. Eventually found my way and parked at the Maehama beach main area. Did I mention that the GPS don't work at all on the island?! I wonder how people drive anyway. So I snorkelled with my new gears! But I'm so scared of the unknown. Like I kept thinking if there's sharks a not because I'm the only one within 0.5km of radius in the sea. Don't dare to wander off far! Hilarious please.

After which, cycled to the bridge about 2-3km away and didn't cross it! Sun was setting and scaredy cat was too afraid that she couldn't make it back before dark haha. Maybe tomorrow then!






No comments: