Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Nobody is chill.


"When someone really likes somebody else, they have no chill. Our most basic evolutionary instincts ensure this. We are physiologically aroused by the people we’re attracted to and every part of our nature compels us to pursue them – regardless of our gender or sex. We don’t forget to answer their text messages. We don’t bail on our hangouts last-minute. We don’t fail to initiate times to see them because we’re just too chill to do so. We do all of those things when we don’t care. And if we did care, we’d do something different.
If someone really likes you – and I mean really, genuinely likes you – they won’t be chill. And they won’t want you to be chill either. They’ll want you to answer your messages. To say you’re free when you genuinely are. To show up when you say you’ll show up and to admit to how you’re actually feeling."
- source


That is so true. I'm never chill about whoever I'm interested in. I hate games. You like someone, you like. If you don't, you just don't. Isn't it simpler if you showed whatever cards you're playing? But how many times have I been let down. Sometimes I think I've grown immune/numb to it. Or rather, I have this coping mechanism whenever shit like that happens. I feel less like a human really. Emotions are... complicated. Sometimes I wonder what it's like to fall in love with your best friend. It's like you already know the person inside out (mostly) and you wouldn't judge them in the world for whatever they do. And I believe true friends will definitely be on your side as well. Isn't it great? If only love works this way for me but it doesn't unfortunately.

However at the end of the day, I'd still like to believe in love.





No comments: