Pages

Friday, November 6, 2015

Travelogue: Naha, Okinawa, Japan - Day 3










I made it safe and sound thanks to GPS!


Kinda odd to be one of the few taking the bus.



Whoop whoop!





Spot the eye candy *grins*









AMAZING













So there you go, bare face. The ice cream damn yummy please.




I wuv you, Glico.


Belgium Chocolate is definitely one of the best.



A gift. Small gestures that made me feel so welcome at a foreign land.




At the blue cave!





So blue, So gorgeous.




Don't know why I feel so happy after visiting the Blue Cave!



And then it was time to go snack hunting...


















Gotta say, I love "Kabaya" pretzel sticks a lot. Even better than Pocky!
But they are pretty uncommon in the market.



Haven't seen a pink bun before.



Some lime chips with soooooo little kick to it. I feel cheated.








Day 03


Today! Finding my way from Naha to Yomitan for diving. Taking bus 28 and using my google map for help. Travelling like a local, yes!

Met the whale shark today! They are enclosed in the net so it's like I'm up close and personal with a fish tank. Still amazeballs though. Cause the very capable diver brought the shark right to my face! and I even got to touch it once. I can't wait to finish 10tanks of dive so that I can come back to fun dive with the whalies! *smiling face with heart-shaped eyes"  First thing I thought or said when I say those were "KAWAIIIIIIII!" They aren't as big as what I imagined. But they are big fishes alright hehe.

Eating ice cream by the seaside, after a dive with eye candy around. Definitely is one of the most enjoyable moment yet. Then it was time to say bye to the extremely cute dive instructor/guide. I thought he said bye to the driver but when he walked over to the other side, he smiled! and, er, I said "byeee!" and waved even though he can't hear lol.


Off to blue cave snorkelling next! Figured spending S$250 for these experience is nothing much compared to material items.


So this guy tried his best with English while communicating with me. He asked "You went whale shark diving right?" I'm like "Yes!" then he disappeared into the office and brought this small whalie out! and I exclaimed "Kawaiiii!" omg why so cute one they all. #onlyinjapan


On the boat to blue cave, less than 5mins speedboat, kinda talked a bit with the Japanese guide and some Japanese girls! people younger than me but why I feel so young still lol


Over at blue cave the amount of marine life is AMAZING. like right outside the blue cave the corals and fishes really is one of the best I've seen. and then blue cave itself, although the guide is conducted in mostly Japanese, it was nothing short of breathtaking. guide still told us to face the cave and move left move left and countdown to 5 before we can turn and be amazed at the sight before us, the blue cave! The girls that were with me were so sweet (: I had a fantastic time after the blue cave too! saw the reefs!


Back to island and the guy very kindly dropped me off at American village! Different vibes man. Feels like odaiba somehow. Not really japan feel. Somehow or rather my bus came unexpectedly! took the same bus 28 back at just 600+yen and stumbled upon a dive shop!


Total damage - 17,000yen. Left the store with a full wet suit, mask and snorkel, fins and other small stuff. It's a steal I guess. Well worth the money. But now I have to lug it to the city howwww! lol


After which had a shower and rushed to Kokusai-dori. A happening street full of souvenirs to bring back. So strange still got big big billboards and palm trees okay! I saw so many local speciality products. Like the snow salt, purple potato, brown sugar etc versions.


I actually like the street and stores very much! Just a short walk from Miebashi or Makishi station. It stretches like a few km. So it's a must go!



PS. I'm not sure how I feel about keeping whale shark in captivity for a few months then releasing them (so they claimed) It doesn't seem right yet... Anyway, each to his own.

_

Instagram @nsofina/#hertravellingyears
Ask.fm/nsofina if you have any questions




No comments: