Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Cont' Day 4 Hakone

So anyway, I suddenly recalled I haven't blogged about Day 4-8 of my Japan trip and yes it is long overdue. Like it's been 7 months?! And I'm going back again really soon! Excited much. So yes, let's continue shall we. Click the tags below "Japan" and you'll find the rest of my post.

Continuing Day 4; Owakudani/Hakone and Hakone Jinja

Photos from this post are taken using my iPhone 4. Very poor quality. But the camera battery died halfway! Bummer. But we have no choice yea.



Look at THAT perfect egg.
I love hard boiled eggs so so much!

Me, looking like a boy. Weather on top was super unbearable. I have to bundle my hair into my hat.




We made our way to Owakudani via cable car and boy was I excited. I wanted to eat those black eggs so badly! according to sources, those kuro-tamago(black egg) supposedly increase your lifespan (+7 years) Of course you're not suppose to take it seriously. But it makes it more fun to eat. The sulphur eggs come in packets of 5 and comes with packet of salt as dips. SO YUMMY! maybe I'm hungry, but I love the eggs!

Owakudani has sulphur points and it can get really hot. There's stairs up to see the sulphur water and I was sweating just to get there! That being said. The view was pretty breathe-taking. I love the color of the hills. There's also a store there that sells hello-kitty collab stuff with the kuro-tamago and also some Fuji-San merchandise.



This place looks straight out from a Japanese story book.


Next! We continued with the cable car ride followed by a ship ride to get to the Hakonemachi-ko for the Hakone Jinja! The ride was pretty memorable. Too bad Fuji-San was hiding from our sights.


Made our way to the temple and we were greeted by rows and rows of hydrangeas! So gorgeous. It's amazing why these pretty flowers are on the streets #onlyinjapan




I love the quiet route to the shrine. Also, those huge tori gates are one of my favorite sites!
I don't have a clear photo of those tori gates. Cause photos taken in dimly lit areas tend to be very grainy! Doesn't do the place justice.




Left the place really late and I thought we would get stranded over there. thankfully not! I think we got lucky and managed to catch the last bus out of Hakone.


_






All in all, you need at least 2 full days to get a full taste of Hakone.
It was a pretty tight one-day trip. But I'm glad I went there nonetheless!



_


No comments: