Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Hello Japan! (Day 1)


Day 1




A must to have my wifi on the go! Collected it at Narita Terminal 2. Very fast process!



First Train via JR Pass.


Reached Narita at 10.30am and it takes about an hour over to exchange the JR pass from the exchange office. The queue is too long! I guess it's peak season hence there's a flood of tourist eh? Last summer wasn't this bad.


By the way, the JR Pass is so amazing. The convenience of it is worth the money. No need to buy tickets for every single trip, Going pass the gates fast. Cutting through the terminals is a breeze. Except you'll have to reserve seats for NEX and the Shinkansen to guarantee a seat! I got it from JTB over at Singapore. Oh yes, I missed my train before and all I did was to present my JR Pass and they issue me the next available ticket. 


Welcome to Takeshita-Dori!
Onward from Narita - Harajuku for my first stop. (approx 90mins) Deposited my luggage at the station. Small lockers are 300yen and big ones are 500yen.


Ahhh my beloved crepe! I'm not exaggerating that one of the reason why I'm at Japan is just to eat crepe. Yupp, it is THAT awesome. Mixed berries cheesecake crepe (400+yen) from Angel Hearts.



SO YUMMY! LOOKS GOOD TOO!
Rushed over to Ueno. Seriously, it's like the opposite of the line from Harajuku. But I really wanted to see sakura! Hence, how even though it's a hassle to travel to and fro. All is worth it! Check out the photos.



Strong winds and a split fringe. Haha.
All bundled up! Tokyo is really cold with harsh sunlight though. Sort of a good weather!?


Jammed packed with humans and trees with the whitest and pinkest flowers. Mind-blowing actually. I never actually thought I'll be very much interested in sakura. Because mainly I'm not a nature-nature person. After this trip, it's safe to say I love sakuras!



Hello, a bit too many people okay.




So so gorgeous.
*faints*


Little did I know that these are the full bloom everyone is talking about! So lucky to catch it!
_

Manage to snap a couple of photos and gotta rush to catch the Shinkansen to Kyoto. It takes about 2-3hrs. Reached around 8pm and found my ryokan. It's not memorable enough to talk about it. So I'll skip it. It's better in hotels and backpackers. 

Oh by the way, Japan is really cold this season. I have to put on 2 jackets and even so, it's still freezing!


_

Day 2 in Kyoto soon!


No comments: