Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Interesting things to do in Japan (Part 1)

Hiking


some really sweet swiss guy took this for us! while he was hiking alone, wts. I can't.

view from top of kachi kachi ropeway.

















my legs turned into jell-o when I tried standing on this spot. fearless girl with a fear.





While on a lookout to hike in Spring to Summer transition. I stumbled upon Mt Mitsu-toge (三つ峠). If you are staying near the Mt Fuji Five Lakes or Lake Kawaguchiko, it's really easy to get started on the trail.

It takes 10-15mins by foot from Kawaguchiko station to Kachi Kachi Ropeway (cable car ride, 650yen round-trip) Thereafter you'll reach a platform whereby people can just chill and observe Mt Fuji in it's full glory when it's a clear sky. There's a mini-shrine entrance to start your hike. It's a 6 to 6.5hrs return hike with time to take photos.

I got to say that certain paths were not well maintained. It is actually rather narrow. So be real careful. Most path are located among the trees. There's a middle section where by it splits into 3 parts and it wasn't well indicated which way was to Mt Mitsutoge but lucky for us, we spotted 2 Japanese hikers! What luck. Also, right towards the top the path is rather steep and slippery. I wished I had bought hiking sticks.



the million dollar feeling that I did it!





As a first time hiker, I'm proud to say I conquered it even though halfway through I'm like, I wanna head back. But that was all in my head. I enjoyed the superb views up and the hidden cliff spotted near the top.

Coming back down, the skies clear and we had Mt Fuji printed dangos to eat. It was an awesome feeling. We started at 10pm, ended at 4pm.


PS I was probably insane to go hiking in these gear. A lot of the Japanese hikers seems surprised and amazed. Lol. One of the moments in life I wouldn't be forgetting soon. I didn't fall off a cliff!


No comments: