Pages

Friday, June 19, 2015

Best Thing I Read Today


"While your friends were busy planting roots, you were busy sowing wild oats. 
But, would you have had it any other way? 
Granted, you don’t hate your life and have many experiences you wouldn’t trade for the world, but you probably wouldn’t choose an alternate path. 
Everyone has his or her own pace, own paths and own stories to write. Why would you want to write the same story as someone else? 
You have to focus on yourself because nobody can write your story but you. Social comparisons are a lose-lose situation because there will always be people you are jealous of and admire. 
You have zero control over them. The only thing you can control is what you do with your time. 
So, do you spend it working on your own life? Or do you spend it worrying what everybody else is up to? 
Stop competitively scrolling Facebook and eavesdropping on the success and love lives of others. Just concentrate on running your own race. 
The ones who end up losing the race are usually those who spend too much of their time looking over at the other racers. Just put your head down and go." -elitedaily


Hello! I'm back from Hong Kong (at long last) and this piece of article simply speaks to me on so many levels. I cannot understand why others compare their lives with the people who they think are living life so much better than them. Firstly, no matter how rich you are, there will always be someone wealthier than you. Personally, I find that being contented with what you have is the key to happiness. If you know me, you'll know that one thing I value more than others is "happiness".

I find it funny when one day we were talking and my brother says "You also don't want money." I laughed. And thought to myself "Damn, he knows." Look, I know money is essential. But I don't need lots of it. I'm comfortable where I am now. I don't have to compete with others, who at my age probably is starting a business or holding a high rank at some company. Well, good for you. I wish I can do that but right now, that's not for me. And I'm okay with it.

At the end of the day, like what the article said, everyone has his or her own pace, own paths and own stories to write.









No comments: