Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Sweet Treats: Gelato In Italy!



Last month, I was in the motherland of pasta. Changed that, motherland of gelato.
OH HELL YEAH

My love for ice cream is at it's peak over in Italy. Everyday I need nothing but gelato. Yes, it's that serious. I'm also on a quest for trying the best gelato! Hence the #projectgelato on instagram. 


ARE YOU READY?!


Top Left (Anti-clockwise): Grom Pistacchio + Flavour of the month (2.5Euros/Piccolo Cup), Vatican City Gelato, Blue Ice Cappuccino + Pistacchio, Grom Caffe + Pistacchio


Verdict:
Grom's flavours were all delectable! My ultimate flavour was the Caffe.
Next up, I did not note down which store this gelateria was called because I honestly didn't have much hope for random stores. This one was from the entrance towards St. Peter's. It's to the left of the street while you walk to St Peter's. Their Nocciola/Hazelnut is yummy!
Blue Ice's cappuccino and pistacchio is bad on all aspects. I've seen a couple of stores in Italy but nawh, I'm not gonna try further. 



Top Left (Anti-clockwise): All Grom's! Crema di Grom, Caffe, Pistacchio, Fiordilatte


Verdict:
Crema di Grom is some sort like their cookies and cream. Nice flavour but not my absolute must-eat. Fiordilatte, however, was amazing! It means sweet milk/cream and it's better than plain o' vanilla?! I love this flavour with Caffe. PERFECT.



Top Left (Anti-clockwise): San Crispinos's Blue Mountain + Hazelnut, Edoardo Hazelnut + Fiordilatte, Pompi's Pistacchio (2Euros/Piccolo Size) + Hazelnut, Grom's Perfect Combo.


Verdict:
San Crispinos has many fruity flavours. Perhaps I didn't choose the best ones. But they tasted alright to me. Nothing mind-blowing good.
Edoardo's gelato is so-so as well, but their waffle is the bomb! Super love.
Pompi's Pistacchio + Hazelnut was something I had for 4 days straight in Rome! Says a lot about how awesome it is yeah? Hah.


_

All in all, hands-down to Grom. I can stay in their shop and just order flavours after flavours of gelato. Each one of them yummy! Go and eat all the gelatos!

Gelato In Italy 101
1. Choose from Cono (Cone) or Coppetta (Cup)
2. Choose from Piccolo (Smallest Size) to Grande (Biggest Size) Usually Piccolo will be suffice!
3. Even Piccolo comes with a choice of 2 Gusti (Flavours), Ask for their recommendation.
4. One of the flavours unique to Italy is the Pistacchio. Try Grom or Pompi.
5. At some places, you have to pay first then pass the receipt to the gelateria counter.
6. Enjoy! And eat more!


Find them at:
Grom
Florence - Via del Campanile (At the alley next to the Cathedral's Belltower)
Rome - Piazza Navona
*Opens from 10.30am and 11am respectively, Till Late!

Pompi
Rome - Via della Croce, 82




No comments: