Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

Europe 2014, Wengen, Switzerland, Day 03


















Visual Diary
Snow, Snow, Snow














































Pardon me, I take very long to update here! But anyway, most photos usually will be uploaded on Facebook first before I eventually put it up here.
So here goes!

Day 3: The day was one of the highlights of this trip! After much contemplation between the Schilthorn and Jungfrau (One of the many highest points/alps in Switzerland).We went for the Jungfrau one! I mean it's true that since we are here, we might as well do the highest mountain. And boy did I enjoyed myself but it wasn't easy getting up there! From Wengen, you have to change trains at Kleine Schedigg and then to Jungfrau. It costs about 160+chf for a return trip. But if you could, you can get the early tickets, meaning heading there and 7+am and it's cheaper. And I would guess that means lesser tourist too! Notice that at Kleine Schedigg you could actually hike up the mountains and there's cafés too! The view is totally awesome. If I had the time, I probably will do some small hike up! We reached the Jungfrau at 11+am. And it was packing with tour groups! Oh god, nightmare. Many many people crowding around the souvenir shop! Well, you can buy winter wear there if you didn't come prepared. So fret not. I got a glove there for 19chf! Thank god I managed to layer my clothes and brought along a blanket throwover. So at Jungfrau, because of the high altitude, we got symptoms like nausea, headache and the heart beats much faster there. So be sure to do things slow and steady. I love the "snow fun" so much! You can head out to the top of the alps and touch the snow! Or roll around or whatever you want! Also, so much less tourist there. I love it so much! Only the ice was freezing, otherwise it's quite sunny up there so it's not too bad. The spinx has this Swiss flag! Good for photo-op. But otherwise filled with lots of tourist you'd want to avoid. We stayed at Jungfrau for about 3hrs. That is about enough for covering all. And I was positively freezing already so off we went!





Till next time!
X
For more Europe posts that I did before, click here!








No comments: