Pages

Monday, December 7, 2015

Word.

Let’s say, for example, it’s your dream to get a job being a photographer at Disney World (I’m kind of a Disney fanatic, if you can’t tell).

Even though the salary isn’t comparable to what you’ve made or are currently making now, pursuing what you want to do makes you more wealthy than doing a job you hate.

Remember when you turned 21? You were in college, working 25 hours a week in retail and living off ramen noodles.

But you had the time of your f*cking life.

Same concept. If it’s what makes you happy, money is on the back burner.

You don’t need a lavish lifestyle to be living your dream.

//

The worst thing Millennials face when they hit the quarter-life crisis is the idea of deadlines.

Just last night, I was crying over the fact I never published a book or lived in Paris. As my boyfriend reminded me last night, you are giving yourself deadlines.

Life is not a race, and it’s certainly not a competition.

Paris will always be there. If you come home and write for an hour each day, that book will get finished eventually.

So on and so forth.

When we keep putting demands on our lives and thinking everything needs to happen in a specific order, we miss out on what’s truly inspiring and fun about being 25.

I should know. I did everything in my life out of order.

- source

No comments: