Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Sushi Bar



An avid fan of "Shiok Maxi" from Koh Grill and Sushi Bar, I find myself hunting down for the widely raved "Salmon Aburi Roll" from The Suhi Bar. After a few ill-fated days to try out this store, finally we managed to drop by on Friday late afternoon. Surprise surprise, no queue at all?! So here's what we had. Unagi don, 3 kinds Sashimi, Daikon Salad, Salmon Aburi Roll, Chawamushi and 100gram steak. Some of them are not in the photos because they just don't look that good in pictures.


Moving on. I was really excited to finally eat the Salmon Aburi Roll ($14.50). But I was just plain disappointed. The flavours are not exploding and it's really "mild", taste-wise, compared to the Shiok Maki. Where's my drizzle of mayo! So yes, I wasn't impressed with this. But at least it was decent, I guess.


The rest of the dishes were mediocre with the exception of Chawamushi. I had 2 bowls of this! The egg is really smooth with enough flavours in it. Love it. The bill came up to $40/pax. Really pricey considering the stall is pretty lacklustre. Like the seats are practically a stool.


Verdict? Good try. But I'm not coming back again. Would gladly have my fix of cheesy mayo soaked maki at Koh Grill and Sushi Bar.



The Sushi Bar
Far East Plaza #03-89
14 Scotts Road
Closed Sundays



No comments: